Excellent article on RAM

M

MacHeadCase

I just stumbled upon a pretty good article on Glen Wolsey's blog (great read btw) explaining all you'd want to know about RAM, Uncut Guide To RAM For Macs.

This article would answer a lot of questions on the RAM issue, if it's safe to buy third-party vs. Apple's, if you can install your own RAM without voiding the warranty, which places to get RAM from, how much RAM is necessary, etc.

Added info can be found in some of the comments. The author just got his blog back online after being hacked by a Windoze fanboy and some comments are, well, shall we say misplaced/off topic?

All in all a great read and I recommend it to all.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
In other words it is full of lots of fairly obvious info that can be found elsewhere or is obvious to the average person?

Sorry MHC, that's not really directed at you. I'm not a big fan of Glen or his ego.

OP
M

MacHeadCase

Well believe it or not, a lot of those questions are still being asked daily here, so if some people have a look and find the answers, hey! ego or no ego, I'm all for it, avoiding same-question-ad-nauseam syndrome.

Between you and me, you're not the hacker, are you? ;D

Joking aside, I like his designs a lot. He has a lot of good ideas and creativity.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook Intel C2D 2.2GHz, 2G, 250G, SD, Leopard.
By itself, this is a fine article. I don't think I've ever read anything by him, so I'm not biassed by his personality.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
Between you and me, you're not the hacker, are you? ;D

No, but I can understand why he hit Glen, not that I condone it. I had my share of "fun" with Glen at my site, then he left. It was better that way.

OP
M

MacHeadCase

BTW the hacker targets what he thinks are websites that are too much Apple fanboy stuff. I reported his blog to blogspot. Fat chance they're gonna do anything about it but I did my share. :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.