I have turned my wife from the dark side...

Reaction score
MacMall.com was having a sale today. They have Macbooks for $1049 and a $75 rebate. Then there is no sales tax. So we pulled the trigger. XP will soon be banished from our house (except as a VM)

I also bought an iPod Touch 8GB. They were marked down $29 to $224. I'm going to jailbreak it as soon as it gets here. Best portable computer on earth IMO.

Anyways, my wife finally watched how I manage my photos and some other tasks I normally do. She was really impressed with iLife 08. It only took me a year to get her to see the obvious ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
macbook/iphone/ipod nano/ipod shuffle
congrats on converting her and the new toys. i am still trying to convert my girlfriend with no luck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G3, 13" Macbook 1.8 ghz duo core, iPod nano (1st generation), iPod Shuffle
congrats

I too converted my wife to Mac a few years ago. It was easy because she's a bit of a luddite and not a fan of computers. She kept getting so angry at her old PC because it wouldn't do certain things - like function without crashing - so I got her a white Macbook. Though she's still not a big fan of computers in general, she LOVES the Mac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2GHZ Macbook Pro - 4GB RAM - 500GB HD
I easily converted my wife. She was more than willing since she does graphic design/photography. She loves her MBP.

T

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
My wife converted 4 or 5 years ago. She had a nice Gateway running WinMe (yes, I know that is an Oxymoron). She liked it but there was always something going wrong with it. She noticed that I almost never had issues with my G4 PowerMac and started to wonder why.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ibook g4, imac 2ghz c2d, mbp 2.4ghz c2d - 10.5.1
MacMall.com was having a sale today. They have Macbooks for $1049 and a $75 rebate. Then there is no sales tax. So we pulled the trigger. XP will soon be banished from our house (except as a VM)

I also bought an iPod Touch 8GB. They were marked down $29 to $224. I'm going to jailbreak it as soon as it gets here. Best portable computer on earth IMO.

Anyways, my wife finally watched how I manage my photos and some other tasks I normally do. She was really impressed with iLife 08. It only took me a year to get her to see the obvious ;)

nice one. some women eh ! joke.

Congrats on your new purchases.

OP
Sgt Beavis
Reaction score
I too converted my wife to Mac a few years ago. It was easy because she's a bit of a luddite and not a fan of computers. She kept getting so angry at her old PC because it wouldn't do certain things - like function without crashing - so I got her a white Macbook. Though she's still not a big fan of computers in general, she LOVES the Mac.

My wife is actually more computer literate that she would like to admit. She can fix most minor issues. Also, I used to work for Microsoft, so she knew I could fix pretty much any issue that popped up. I think thats why she was slow to make the move.

Well, that and the fact that she's a spend thrift :)

But now she can use iChat to talk to me when I'm on business trips, or with her sister in Japan (who has a powerbook and iSight)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13" | MacBook Pro 13" | Mac Mini 2GHz C2D
ditto. although she made me buy windows and install it via bootcamp. she has never used windows on her macbook.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.