Networking nightmare.

Reaction score
Hi Guys,
I have just got a G3 B/W PowerMac so I'm a real newbie at this stuff although I have been using Windows based PCs for years.
My home network uses a US Robotics 9106 wireless router and one of my desktop PCs connects via a Belkin F5D7000 pci wireless card. It has worked fine for over 3 years. So, because the PC is being replaced by the Mac, I wanted to see if the Belkin card would work in the Mac.
I read this thread.....

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=197477

..... which gives lots of info but because my version is 1133UK according to a label on the card, and not ver 1.00, ver 2.00 etc, the thread wasn't much use.
So, before I delve into the innards of my Mac (which in Stevespeak equates to, "Whooops, I broke it") has anyone got any clues as to if it will work or not?
The card has a Broadcom chipset and the Mac has OS 9.2.1 (for now) and 256 meg of RAM with another 256 on order.
Cheers,
Steve

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.