iLife 08 after clean install of Leopard

Reaction score
I did a search on installing iLife off OS X install disk 1, followed the instruction, but when I click on customized I see "Bundled Application" and have the option of checking or unchecking, and the folder does not expand to see what under Bundled Application. Of course, if I uncheck it, I cannot continue, I have to check it, then click continue and it wants to install everything (estimated time 1:47 minutes....). I just want iLife 08, which my imac had until I upgraded to Leopard with a clean install. I explored the disk, but I cannot see anything related to iLife. I just bought the mac about 3 weeks ago, the box even says iLife 08 included. Three disk came with the mac, Leopard, OS X Install Disc 1 ver 10.4.10 and Disc 2, ver 1.0. Any ideas what's going on here?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
If you only purchased your mac 3 weeks ago ...Contact Apple they'll help you

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2,33GHz C2D 2GB RAM 256MB video + LCD Samsung 20" 206BW + Maxtor OneTouch III 500GB
There's nothing to do with apple.

You bought a mac. It comes with iLife as a bundled package.

You got an extra DVD, which is the Leopard install. Just remember that iLife comes with your mac, not with OSX.

After doing a clean install of Leopard, with the extra DVD you got, you won't have iLife.

You have 2 options:

1. Install the bundle software package from you Tiger install disk that came with you computer (and then, uninstall software you don't want)

2. use a software like PACIFIST to extract the bundle software from the disk, and install only what you want.

hope it helps

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
And if you would like help doing what andrebnu tells you, contact Apple as kilted suggested, they'll help walk you through it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.