Stuck or dead pixel?

Reaction score
Hey,

I have a question about the screen on my Macbook Pro. I’ve just noticed a dead/stuck pixel on my screen. Looking at it the individual pixel, it looks like it might bleed. Hopefully that’s not the case. This Macbook was purchased in September, for those who are interested.

I've attached a photo.

img8436copylp4.jpg

30961080dd8.jpg

Any tips on what to do?

Thanks again.

Reaction score
I don't think thats coverable under the warranty. You have to have a generous amount of dead pixels for it to be covered. But then again if it bleeds they may cover it.

OP
J
Reaction score
I'm actually perfectly fine with it. Just concerned about the possibility of getting worse.

Looks like Apple Care is in my future.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz 3gb Ram C2D Black Macbook
I have a stuck and a hot pixel on my macbook display. I brought it in and one genius was like "Oh man that sucks, we will fix that." Then after about 10 minutes another genius came out and explained to me that they can only fix it if you have 7 or more stuck pixels. Sounds pretty b.s. to me, one stuck pixel on a $1500 machine is too much let alone 2 that are about an inch away from each other.

Reaction score
Maybe Pixinator will unstick them. It's free on versiontracker.com. There are one or two others there, but they're pricey. To find any others at versiontracker, search for pixel. I dunno if Pixinator will work with Leopard. I don't see why not, though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0ghz 3gb Ram C2D Black Macbook
I've tried it, thanks tho. I think I am going to just deal with it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.