What is my wireless speed?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0GHz Black MacBook 160GB HD 2GB RAM
I just installed a new router and I would like to know how fast my wireless is on my MacBook. On Windoze you can click on the connected to the network icon and see how fast you are transmitting and receiving. Is there something similar for Macs?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
You can go to Activity Monitor
Or see how fast is is with Speed Test.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
Or get MenuMeters (http://www.ragingmenace.com/software/menumeters). This wonderful, wonderful bit of software will display a variety of real time updating meters in your menu bar, including your upload and download speed. MenuMeters is indispensable. I would highly recommend it.

Have a look at the attached "screen shot" thumbnail. MenuMeters is very configurable, and so it doesn't have to look like this, but this is one example of what it can put in your menu line. If you look towards the right hand side, you will see real time upload/download meters.

Enjoy!

MenuMetersMenubar.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.