Ordering videos in iTunes for transfer to iPod

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.16 ghz, 1GB ram, 120GB; iPod Classic 80GB; iPod shuffle (2nd gen); iPhone 16gb
Just a couple of questions about videos I've imported into iTunes...

I have a few episodes of some TV series which I have ripped from my own DVDs to put onto my iPod.. is there a way I can store these in the 'TV Shows' section on the iPod, or is this only available to store episodes bought from the iTunes store?

I'd also like to know if there's a way (particularly if I can't store them in 'TV Shows') I can create a new folder for a certain group of video files, within 'Movies'?

And finally.. this isn't exactly about iTunes, but I also bought a Universal Dock recently, and while it appears to connect to the computer fine and it does respond to the use of the Apple remote while the iPod is docked in it, it doesn't seem to charge. Is it supposed to be able to charge if the charger is connected to the back of the dock and the iPod is placed in it? Mine doesn't appear to be doing anything.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
1) In iTunes > Right Click on a Video > Get Info > Video Tab > Video Kind > Set to TV Show. If you have a whole season and want them in order you need to add the Episode number etc in that same Window.

2) Now re-sync with your iPod and the video should show up under TV Shows.

Not sure about the dock question.

OP
stevo-m
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 15", 2.16 ghz, 1GB ram, 120GB; iPod Classic 80GB; iPod shuffle (2nd gen); iPhone 16gb
Thanks for your reply, I had no idea I could do that!

Anyone have any idea about the dock connection for charging?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.