Cleaning black macbook

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.2ghz Macbook w/ 2GB Ram, 160GB HD...2GB iPod Nano...30GB iPod Video
Hey

I wanted to see what people out there are using to clean and maintain their macbooks? Currently, I have a generic LCD cleaning system that I bought a local computer store (who specializes in mac). I originally went to buy the iKlear product, but it was sold out, and he said this one was just as good. However, i still see lots of finger prints and smudges on the casing, and was curious if anyone has some success stories (or horror stories) that could help me out.

Thanks

Paul

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 14" M1 Pro, 16GB, 1TB, OS 12.6.9
Damp microfiber cloth.

The fingerprints and smudges will always be there. It's just the way this finish is.

-Nick

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Seriously? they dont go away? Thats kind of annoying lol.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Seriously? they dont go away? Thats kind of annoying lol.

Well, they go away when you wipe it clean. Then they come back when you touch it. ;)

-Nick

OP
P
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
have you ever tried the iKlear cleaning stuff?
im kind of afraid to just use a damp cloth. it doesnt leave streaks or anything does it?

Reaction score
the iKlear kits work wonders. I use them for my MBP, as well as my external 24" gateway lcd. and on my 46" samsung hdtv.

Reaction score
i'm just gonna make a useless comment that I think these threads are seriously dumb. it's just a laptop. take a rag, put some water on it, start scrubbin. gah

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
have you ever tried the iKlear cleaning stuff?
im kind of afraid to just use a damp cloth. it doesnt leave streaks or anything does it?
If you have hard water maybe. Just use water from your Brita filter or something if that really bothers you. I do what my manual tells me to do, and that's to clean it with a soft, damp rag.

i'm just gonna make a useless comment that I think these threads are seriously dumb. it's just a laptop. take a rag, put some water on it, start scrubbin. gah
Haha, agreed. And actually, that's what it says in the manual...take a damp cloth and wipe it clean.

-Nick

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.