Firefox 3 beta 1

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Wow it's fast... and I'm using my pre-existing profile, so all my old junk is loaded.
New windows pop up instantly.
Scrolling is very smooth.
And it's now much more Mac, the default theme/window, form elements, etc.

It's really worth a test drive!

And since firefox supports profiles, you can keep ff2.x around if you need to, without ff3b1 screwing up your old settings.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
*shrug* Looks about the same to me as the 2.x version, and it's still far slower than Safari 3 on my box.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Wow it's fast... and I'm using my pre-existing profile, so all my old junk is loaded.
New windows pop up instantly.
Scrolling is very smooth.
And it's now much more Mac, the default theme/window, form elements, etc.

It's really worth a test drive!

And since firefox supports profiles, you can keep ff2.x around if you need to, without ff3b1 screwing up your old settings.

Agreed. Beats the heck out of Safari. Much improved and finally passes the Acid2 test. I've yet to encounter a bug in constant usage.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Core 2 Duo 2.13GHz / 4 GB RAM / 320 GB HDD
Doesn't work well for me. It crashed immediately after I first installed it, and takes a few minutes to start up. It also messed with a couple of my settings on FF2. :( I'll stick with FF2 until FF3 is out of beta.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Doesn't work well for me. It crashed immediately after I first installed it, and takes a few minutes to start up. It also messed with a couple of my settings on FF2. :( I'll stick with FF2 until FF3 is out of beta.

Odd, I had no trouble at all. I did move FF2 over to its own folder prior to the install. Did you happen to do the same?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I just downloaded it. When I try to open the App it tells me this even when no other browser is open. NICE!

Picture 1.jpg

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Did some reading on OS News and some have said it has memory issues and some reported slow downs. I tried it late last night and my iMac G5 pretty much locked. It was running so SLOW I could not even close anything. I had to hold the power button down.

After it came back up I tried again and it seemed fine and did finally pass the Acid II test. Could be something with FF2 installed. I installed it on my external drive and ran it from there. I will try it again today and see what happens.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.