Transparent windows in Leopard, please help.

Reaction score
Hi,

I've recently upgrade to Leopard and the software that I was previously using (afloat) to make windows transparent no longer works. Specifically, I need to make Safari have semi transparent windows. Is there any solution for this for Leopard? Any applications or terminal commands to get Safari semi transparent?

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
I used SetAlphaValue in Tiger. Have not installed it in Leopard, so I don't know if it works or not. You may have to wait for a little while for all your fav apps to be upgraded. You might want to google it before you install it also.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.0 white book with some niffty icons
Dear Abby;
I would like to take this off as its driving me nuts can any one help.

Signed Going crazy

Reaction score
SetAlphaValue doesn't work in Leopard since InputManagers are busted. However, the CrystalClear Interface seems to have overcome this limitation by integrating setalphavalue into its coding. It's a system theme, so it might be way more than you were looking for.. I've tested it and it wasn't my cup of tea on leopard, but the window transparency of setalphavalue work fine as long as the theme is installed. Be warned though, its still being developed and is use at your own risk.

Dear Abby;
I would like to take this off as its driving me nuts can any one help.

Signed Going crazy

You can remove SetAlphaValue from your system by deleting the directory “SetAlphaValue” from your /Library/InputManagers folder.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.