Every time my internet connection fails leopard wants me to restart

Reaction score
Hello. I am loving Leopard; however today this weird thing started to happen. Everytime my internet connection fails or does not respond, I click on the airport icon on the top just to check the status and automatically this grey screen appears telling me that I need to restart my computer. I also run cocktail to make sure there were not corrupted files, but it kept doing it. does anyone know why?

Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
You are having a Kernal Panick.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 8x3.0ghz 12gb ram 8800GT , MBP 2.16 2GB Ram 17 inch.
is this a new computer or did you upgrade to leapord, if its new it could be a defective airport card

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
But for only a couple of exceptions, almost every individual in that thread had the issue only with Azeurus and it went away when they switched to Transmission and or updated to the latest version of Azuerus.

There is no widespread issue of the Airport card causing kernal panic's at this time that I have read about. If yours is a new machine would suggest giving Apple a call, as you may very well have a faulty card.

And by the way, I did have an issue of KP's with my Airport card earlier in the year that was taken care of by one of the updates.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4Ghz C2D iMac, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD - iMac 17, 1.83 GHz C2D - Mac Mini - Airport Extreme Base
But for only a couple of exceptions, almost every individual in that thread had the issue only with Azeurus and it went away when they switched to Transmission and or updated to the latest version of Azuerus.

There is no widespread issue of the Airport card causing kernal panic's at this time that I have read about. If yours is a new machine would suggest giving Apple a call, as you may very well have a faulty card.

And by the way, I did have an issue of KP's with my Airport card earlier in the year that was taken care of by one of the updates.

I'm not sure about Transmission, when seeding after download, seems to occasionally foul up my Airport connection.

This happened once again today while surfing and using Transmission at the same time, my signal dropped to 0 when it went into seeding mode (40 KB/s) and when I clicked on the Airport icon, it went into network setup assistant, as if my preferences were gone. Also said that it couldn't connect to my Airport Extreme Base Station which is sitting 9" away...

Hope the good folks at Apple take care of these problems.

BTW, my 24" aluminum iMac came preloaded with Tiger and I updated to Leopard by doing an Archive and Install type of installation.

Cheers,
Gene

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.