Trouble veiwing and using certain websites

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.0GHz, intel core 2
Hello all. I have a problem which I suspect is a router issue and was curious if any of you have come across this in your travels. I just bought a new iMac which is having the very same problem on the internet that my old eMac had. Some web sites don't function properly with my macs. This for instance, I was unable to log in to this very website, along with my Comcast home page as well as my Bank of America secure account page. I also help run a very large MB like this. I can view the site no problem, posting on it is a different story. I might be able to post once or twice before I am no longer able to. The connection simply times out.

I have a netgear router which isn't mine and I'm not sure if this is the problem. Any ideas here folks? Thanks in advance...

M

MacHeadCase

Could you post the OS version (not for example, OS X Tiger but 10.4.8) you are using, which browser is acting up, model of router, etc.? The more info we have, the better we can see what the possible solutions might be.

It looks to me like this could very well be the router's settings that need to be tweaked but am no network expert by far...

OP
Jeffronomicon
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.0GHz, intel core 2
Could you post the OS version (not for example, OS X Tiger but 10.4.8) you are using, which browser is acting up, model of router, etc.? The more info we have, the better we can see what the possible solutions might be.

It looks to me like this could very well be the router's settings that need to be tweaked but am no network expert by far...

I am running Leopard 10.5.1. The problem occurs in both safari and firefox. I am using a netgear MR814v2.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.