G5 Hardrive

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro & 23" ACD
Quick Question to G5 owners: Can you hear the G5's hard drive? Which hard drive do you have? When the hard drive is "thinking" I can hear "crunching" sound. Should it be audible at all in a quiet environment?

S

specops1526

I can hear mine working sometimes, the computer's pretty quiet compared to my pc, but I really haven't used it very much in the two weeks I've had it. Kinda lazy when it comes to transferring all of my data. Gotta do that this weekend. Will probably have to use a ton of CD's. I'll let you know as I use it more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" iBook G3 900/640/40 _ _ Power Macintosh G3 All-In-One 315/768/20 _ _ 20 GB iPod
ApplejustWorks said:
Quick Question to G5 owners: Can you hear the G5's hard drive? Which hard drive do you have? When the hard drive is "thinking" I can hear "crunching" sound. Should it be audible at all in a quiet environment?

Certain G5 owners have reported that the 10.3.5 update has somehow "quieted" their noisy drives. If you haven't already upgraded, I suppose it's worth a shot.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.