Mail 2.1 Font weirdness

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's Blue. This is the extent of my knowledge :\
Hello all!

I'm having a strange problem with my OS X.4.11 PowerBook G4. The mail client is displaying the fonts strangely.

As you can see from the picture, the fonts are displayed as very small fractions. Not only does this take place in the delivery information as seen, but in the body of the message as well. Some times entire emails consist of this jiberish. When I check the webmail, the emails appear whole. The only application that seems to suffer from this is mail.

I have tried all the solutions found in this thread to no avail, with the exception of creating a new user account, which is not an option for me.
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=58885&highlight=mail+fonts

Further, I tried changing the fonts, but they would not change... I have verified the fonts in font book... they all check out... Any body have an Idea of whats going on?

Picture 1.png

Picture 2.png

M

MacHeadCase

Use FontNuke to clear out the font cache.

Do you have a big font collection? If so would be best if you downloaded the font manager FontExplorer X from Linotype. You can then disable/enable fonts, make sets, scan your font collection for conflicts, etc.

OP
E
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
It's Blue. This is the extent of my knowledge :\
I used MainMenu to clear out the font cache already.

The fonts are only the base fonts installed with the OS.
I'm working on dloading FE X right now, I'll let you know my results.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.