Waking from sleep randomly.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro. 16GB iPod Touch.
2GHZ/2GB of Ram Core Duo 10.5.1 MacBook here, and it will randomly wake from sleep. Lid is closed, then the apple lights up and the optical drive makes the wake from sleep sound. Does this at random but sometimes three or four times in quick secession. Any ideas?

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
Do you have your MB set to wake with external mouse or keyboard (option in system prefs?)
No idea on the 3-4 times (how quick?)

OP
Vodevil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I don't have a anything plugged in (except power) and blue tooth is disabled.

As for the speed... I dunno maybe 30 or so seconds in between each "wake up".

Reaction score
Do you have an AppleTV? My wife and I were having this trouble until we realized it was us using the appletv Remote that was causing it. I would try disabling your IR port, or locking it to a specific remote.

OP
Vodevil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Do you have an AppleTV? My wife and I were having this trouble until we realized it was us using the appletv Remote that was causing it. I would try disabling your IR port, or locking it to a specific remote.

Nope I don't have an apple TV... Only power is connected.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" matte screen MBP 2.6GHz - 7200RPM 200G
I had a similar issue with another machine of mine. Turned out it was the WAKE-ON-LAN setting. I had a server that managed the Anti-Virus clients on my other machines and it was trying to push out updates. As a test I pinged the IP address of a sleeping machine with WAKE-ON-LAN and I woke it up. Might be someone or something "sniffing" around..

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.