Strange software update issue

OP
gemigene
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4Ghz C2D iMac, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD - iMac 17, 1.83 GHz C2D - Mac Mini - Airport Extreme Base
Ben 'cou'don', bonne chance d'abord. :D

;D T'es comique...

Did everything as you suggested (takes a while to boot in safe mode, doesn't it), anything else? Log is the same, no additional entries in the log except for those 4 pesky instances of the video firmware updates.

Also did a Software Update thingy and the only update is for Garage Band (which was shown before) which I don't want to update, I don't use it and will probably send that app to the thrash. The only music I compose is when I sing in the shower.

Guess that time will tell... LOL!

Encore une fois, Marci!
Gene

M

MacHeadCase

Si jamais...

If ever weirdness resumes, create a new user and see if the problem happens in that new account. If it does the problem is system-wide and could be ultimately be fixed in a future OS update or there is an incompatibility in the software that is installed.

If it's only in your old user account, there is definitely a software incompatibility in your account.

De rien, tabarouette!

OP
gemigene
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.4Ghz C2D iMac, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD - iMac 17, 1.83 GHz C2D - Mac Mini - Airport Extreme Base
Si jamais...

If ever weirdness resumes, create a new user and see if the problem happens in that new account. If it does the problem is system-wide and could be ultimately be fixed in a future OS update or there is an incompatibility in the software that is installed.

If it's only in your old user account, there is definitely a software incompatibility in your account.

De rien, tabarouette!

Thanks, I'll keep a close eye on everything.

Seems to be behaving now, I'll fire up my apps one by one and see what happens.

BTW, really like some of Leopard's new features except for Photobooth, when choosing an animated background, there's transparent spots where I'm supposed to be, I kinda look like the invisible man when doing the transition thing. LOL! Eye candy anyways, I seldom use the camera.

Gracias,
Gene

BTW, maybe you could figure that one out:
http://www.mac-forums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85126

I'd really like to have such an app, would save me from shouting back and forth when my GF is on the other Mac way down the other end of the house. One thing I forgot to mention, one machine is running on Leopard and the other on Tiger.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.