Fidelity of MBP's Line Out?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
What's the quality on it? I want to be able to do mix downs at my house and not just at my studio. If I plug it into a stereo system receiver via the line out/headphones, will I still get the sound quality that I would running it out via firewire?

Reaction score
I don't know about the ananlog out, but keep in mind that it has optical out aswell. This is good for hooking up to home stereos, but pretty much useless for us professionals. However, in your case it should be exactly what you are looking for.

Sorry for not being able to answer your original analog question.

OP
Village Idiot
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Sooper Fast!
I don't know about the ananlog out, but keep in mind that it has optical out aswell. This is good for hooking up to home stereos, but pretty much useless for us professionals. However, in your case it should be exactly what you are looking for.

Sorry for not being able to answer your original analog question.

I didn't realize that. Unfortunately my receiver with the optical out is in use at the studio :Grimmace:

Reaction score
I didn't realize that. Unfortunately my receiver with the optical out is in use at the studio :Grimmace:

Sorry to hear. Give the line out a shot and let me know how it sounds. You will probably get better sound with the power adapter plugged out. (not very convenient, is it?) Overall however, I think it should be acceptable, considering its playing over a consumer hifi anyway.

Good luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.