It gets a bit warm...

Reaction score
My fans are running at about 2000rpm and my mbp gets hot if i play games or watch dvd's should i download smcfan and put the speed up of the fans? My temperature is about 60'c aswell but it gets hotter when i play games or whatever. Should i be worried?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
The best temperature control is the one Apple has already built into the computer. Just trust it. You can do some things to increase airflow around it while gaming or making it do a lot of "heavy lifting" so it doesn't have to work as hard.

Do you game with the LCD on the MBP, or using an external monitor? I often play first-person shooter games on an external monitor, but I still have the LCD open at least a little and have four "feet" which hold it about an inch high so it gets plenty of airflow around it.

OP
H
Reaction score
I play using the LCD on the macbook pro. It just worries me because this is my first apple and normaly im used to hearing the fans going fast when i play games but with this i hear nothing but it says the fans are going faster but i just testing it by playing about 2 min of a game and checked the speeds and they were running at 2500.

Should i not worry?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.