Mail message loading hanging

Reaction score
Hello All, new here but got a problem i could do wit some help on. I have a got a new MacBook pro that I initially installed OS X 10.4 on but received a free upgrade to 10.5. I installed 10.5 over the top wen I try to view my emails some load but most show the "loading" text in the viewer frame but then hang. (see attache pic). I ran the 10.5.1 updater but this had no affect. Any help would be appreciated.

thanks

Snapshot 2007-11-19 12-13-23.jpg

Reaction score
This sounds like a tricky problem ... I'm not sure what to suggest. You could run Disc Utility and clean things up a bit by repairing permissions and if that doesn't fix things then you may be better off giving Apple phone techs a call as your MacBook Pro is new you should still have the phone support part of the warranty ...

Is it a POP or IMAP account? Have you been into Prefs and checked all the settings?

OP
F
Reaction score
more probs

It's a pop account. Yeah be over all the settings tons of times. I'm having a few other issues now as well. When I am going to send a new message I type the first part of te recipients name / address and expect it to fill i the rest as always. Doesn't work, again it just says loading to the left and doesn't go any further, twice the other day it caused Mail to "not respond". Also sometimes it stops retrieving mail from the server, no error message or warning it just stops auto receiving and even if I press "get mail" it appears if I have no mails. Last but not least I can't quite mail by command Q or going to quit in the menu, I have to force quit.

Im going to try repair permissions now but I'm not holding my breath on this one. - Looks like phoning apple may be my last resort.

I know there have ben a few bugs mentioned with mail, mostly to do with spamsieve but is anyone else having these particular troubles?

OP
F
Reaction score
As an update sfter I wrote this my mac was stolen - got a replacement and mail behaves in exactly the same way using my POP or a gmail account. Anynone else getting these issues?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.