Ram upgrades?

M

mac_noobie

Hi, does anyone know if you can upgrade your apple laptops ram with any kind of ram... or does it have to be apple ram. I noticed they were selling kingston on their website, however I can buy kingston ram at my local computer store.

Thanks

o btw, my computer is a G4 Powerbook 1.33 Ghz

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" 1.33 GHz PowerBook w/SuperDrive, 60GB HDD, 1.25G RAM.
You dont have to use apple's own ram(i believe a brand name makes it), i've got a 1gig stick of Integral in my Powerbook.

OP
C

Cloudane

Apple use Kingston RAM (at least they did when I got my replacement RAM from G4 Tech during an insurance claim), so as long as you make sure it's the correct type (e.g. on the latest G4 Powerbook it's DDR-333 SODIMM) you should be find from the store and it'll be way, way, way cheaper than from Apple.

Most people use Crucial (www.crucial.com) as it's very relaible RAM, next-day delivery, good prices and if you pick your exact Powerbook model from their website it'll give you a guaranteed match of RAM sticks.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.