Airport install issue

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 2.8 GHZ/2GB/320GB/Leopard
Airport not working right

I installed my airport extreme in my 17 inch G4 Imac last week with no problem. It has gotten on the internet 3-4 times when sitting next to my Linksys router, but than will not recognise a network at all. On with apple techs for 3 hours with no luck. I followed the internet diagrams/pics the only thing that looked different was the pics showed the bar codes facing up on the card and mine are facing in towards the mac. It would not go in otherwise that I could see.
It is showing the card in the menu bar and shows it as on. Any ideas? I have looked and looked for a solution. I am running Leopard on it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" white macbook. 2 GHz Core 2 Duo. 160GB. 2GB memory, and giving leapord a second chance.
ive failed to install my brand new airport extreme also..

almost 200 bucks down the drain..

but im on my 10 yr old linksys "B" router, typeing this message... sucks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13.3" white macbook. 2 GHz Core 2 Duo. 160GB. 2GB memory, and giving leapord a second chance.
after 5 hours of messing around with my airport extreme. i unplugged my DSL modem for a good 4 hours, came back, and the airport picked up the connection, and i was done in abotu 10 mins.

what the **** happened?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.