Power Adapter?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 2.0Ghz 1GB || MBP 2.0GhzCDuo 2GB || TV || iPhone || Airport Extreme
Hi all,

I've recently been experiencing problems with my power situation when using my macbook pro. I take my computer to class with me everyday, but seldom do I take my charger with me. I generally leave the power supply plugged into the surge protector that has my imac, two external hard drives, and a set of speakers plugged into it.

Well just about every night this past week I'll come out to unplug the magsafe and take the computer to class, but I'll notice the magsafe light is off. I'll wake the computer to find I have about :30 minutes of time left on my battery. I then plug in the magsafe to try to get it to start charging again, but nothing. the only way to get the power to start coming to the computer is to unplug the magsafe, then the brick, then the extension cord and plug them all back in the opposite order. What could be the problem? Any suggestions are helpful.

Also, this is a MacBook Pro 2.0 Ghz 15in and I bought it in August 2006 new.

Thanks,

MacGuy18

P.S. other info...the imac nor hard drives are off when I wake in the morning. Also, this is now happening throughout the day when charging. If I leave my computer alone for about an hour the charging will cease. However, while writing this post the ac power stopped and it kicked over to battery power.

OP
M
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac G5 2.0Ghz 1GB || MBP 2.0GhzCDuo 2GB || TV || iPhone || Airport Extreme
Alright new question...will the new macbook pro power brick work with my older style macbook pro? I'm not sure of all the specs on the bricks or where to find them.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.