Certain websites freeze browser since Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I can see it using Tiger.

Odd thing: the are no up-down scroll bars - I have to hold down the mouse button and move my cursor to move up and down

So the site is probably got some Javascript that is causing problems in Leopard

try sending a report to apple
http://developer.apple.com/bugreporter/

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Works fine here on Leopard with Safari. Clicked every URL on the page also.

Reaction score
Well, my MBP got problem when I try to browse to my studynet in my college, the safari is always quit whenever I get into my college site. However, since I read your thread and try to browse to that site, I got no problem at all, I tried to click many links in that site as well but all is fine. May be there is something wrong with your Safari or Firefox.

Have you tried another browsers beside Safari and Firefox?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
What version of Safari are you using and what version of OS X

I am using Tiger 10.4.11 Safari 3 and Java version 5 if that helps

Reaction score
Browser problem on MACBook

:Grimmace: Recently (within the last day really) no matter what browser I use be it Safari, Firefox or Opera; the browser will randomly hardlock (spinning wheel) and I will have to force quit it. There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason why it would cause it to freeze. I don't think it is solely flash advertisements nor do I think it is javascript but I can't say without a doubt. It has locked on pages like ESPN, Youtube, CNN, so I'm not sure. I can't go to the same page right after it hard locks and cause it to freeze every time either.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.