Issues with Front Row in Leopard

Reaction score
Yesterday I upgraded all 3 of my macs to Leopard. On all 3 of them I get the same issue with Front Row.

I keep all my music on a NAS drive attached directly too my router. I have all 3 macs log directly into the drive when they boot. I added all 80 gigs of my music to iTunes using the add to library function. I have iTunes set not to copy my music to my iTunes folder.

The issue is that when I try to access my music in Leopards Front Row all 3 of my macs freeze. I had this exact same set up in Tiger and I did not have this issue. I click on music and it takes me into the options of (Artist, Genres, Songs, etc) but once I click on one of those the screen goes black and it freezes up.

I have not tried to serve my music directly off a usb or firewire drive but that shouldn't matter. This is really making me want to go back to Tiger on one of my minis because it is my main media center pc. I have it hooked to my tv and my sound system to play movies and music for my house.

Any one have any fixes for this? Is it possible to go back to Tigers version of front row (I really liked the look and feel of it much better then Leopards) and still keep Leopard on this system?

Thanks for your help.

Reaction score
While I look for info about this issue, I just wondered if you are using a Tiger configuration and if so, have you tried setting it all up from scratch again?

<⌘>EDIT<⌘>
I found some info re: NAS supporting AFP ... this was in reference to Time Machine ... I thought I'd point it out anyway.

OP
J
Reaction score
Ok I decided to hook up the hard drive directly to the mini using a usb2.0 and it worked great. Any fix for this over the network? I really want to just share these files directly over the network on a NAS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
This may not be possible, but if the problem is only with Front Row and not with iTunes, maybe you can find a way to downgrade Front Row only, since the old Front Row worked through iTunes instead of independently from it.

If you find a way to do this, let me know. I like the new look of Front Row, but there are a heap of things I don't like about it and I'd love to downgrade back to the Tiger version.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.