web design tool questions

Reaction score
Im looking for a program LIKE Web Page Maker it basically takes the way of moving things around the document like a graphic design program does and puts that feature in this program, its alot better to use when you have to line up graphics then do it in dreamweaver, dreamweaver doesn't have that function wish it did.

I need to slap together a site for the time being and i plan on going back in adding in code and allt hat good stuff later on when i learn JSP, please let me know if you know of anything, thanks

Reaction score
There's always RapidWeaver ... but WebPageMaker is a free trial so why not use that ... sorry if I missed something here ...

RapidWeaver is a next-generation web design application to help you easily create professional looking web sites in minutes. No knowledge of complex code is required, RapidWeaver will take care of all that for you. RapidWeaver produces valid XHTML & CSS based websites.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
Another vote here for RapidWeaver! It's simple, yet powerful. Highly recommended if you want to slap up a site fast, but still want it to look gorgeous :)

OP
S
Reaction score
yeah im gonna have to download it after i get off work along with get my cpu to working...geez the wonderful thought of that.

OP
S
Reaction score
ok i downloaded rapidweaver trial, and i just dont get it, i guess i was expecting something else? has anyone used WebPage Maker? its only for windows :( but im looking for something like that.

Reaction score
Up until now I've been using Adobe GoLive to create internet sites.
There are a lot of functions, but the basic ones let you create web pages by first setting a layout grid and then, by dragging and dropping elements on the grid, add content such as text, images and so on.
Maybe you were looking for a program that works like this?
The version I've been using up until now is an older one, but I think there is an updated version of the program which works with OSX 10.4; don't know if it works also for Leopard, I still haven't tried it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White 2GHz C2D Macbook - 3GB RAM, 80GB HDD
Try Freeway Express. While I like Rapidweaver for certain things, Freeway Express (and Pro) are more flexible IMO. You can actually do a lot of things with Rapidweaver, but Freeway's power and flexibility is available right on the surface (RW, even though it looks like such a simple app, is actually pretty deep - you need to learn how to harness it's "hidden" powers).

Freeway is drag and drop, and is really simple for anyone who has used a desktop publishing application in the past. It might be what you are looking for.

Softpress' Freeway

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
What about iWeb? I've not used Web Page Maker so I can't say.

Anyway, you could always run WPM via crossover or parallels if you really need it...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
ohas anyone used WebPage Maker?
Never heard of it, but from their website it sounded like iWeb/RapidWeaver, wasn't really any screenshots there, so I'm not sure...

Maybe you could explain:

1. What WebPage Maker does that you miss?
2. What you didn't get with RapidWeaver?

OP
S
Reaction score
Never heard of it, but from their website it sounded like iWeb/RapidWeaver, wasn't really any screenshots there, so I'm not sure...

Maybe you could explain:

1. What WebPage Maker does that you miss?
2. What you didn't get with RapidWeaver?

well i like how it has the "drag and drop" feature, has nice word art, nice templates, no html code involved to make a quick site, although i wish had the html editor at the same time, all you have to do is create a text box and you can move anywhere you want and then lock it to that position, same with buttons, menus, forms, what it reminds me of is pagemaker except aimed at websites not publishing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook / Mac Mini
Sounds like iWeb.

Personally I don't like iWeb to much, but it's able to do what you say, and quite easy.

The bad thing about iWeb is that you cannot add your own HTML/CSS code, and the publishing part is rubbish unless you have a .Mac subscription.

Reaction score
I tried iWeb but it looks a little...constrictive to me.
I mean, it gave me the impression it does not give you much freedom...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.