Change Screenshot location

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
Since Leopard has all these stacks and such, I've created a "Desktop" stack which is not really the desktop (besides the point). But I still find my desktop getting cluttered with screenshots and such. Is there any terminal way of changing the location of screenshots?

Reaction score
Since Leopard has all these stacks and such, I've created a "Desktop" stack which is not really the desktop (besides the point). But I still find my desktop getting cluttered with screenshots and such. Is there any terminal way of changing the location of screenshots?

Deeper

How to change the default screenshot save location in OS X

Deeper is Leopard compatible.

If you want to reposition the Dock outside the allowable parameters, then use Deeper.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Reaction score
I was at Titanium's site and it said it only supported Tiger at this time. Did I miss a new version? Tried my install and it said no 10.5.

I don't know what Titanium is but at the link I provided there is this:

Update 11/06/07: Deeper is now compatible with OS X 10.5 (Leopard).

I don't know whether or not there are any benefits of a Sys Pref Pane over an app, but I think I prefer Pref Panes myself ...

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Spawn__Dooley;530643 said:
I don't know what Titanium is but at the link I provided there is this:

They are the people who produce Deeper, Onyx, ETC. I will try your URL. Thanks.

Reaction score
I read some of the tricks Deeper can do like remove the scroll bars in Terminal .... that seems odd to me but sure enough there must be people out there who are bothered by that ....

I'm sure there are some who've asked about being able to set the Dock elsewhere but it doesn't bother me much as I always set it to Hide.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Just to let people know, ONYX also allows you to change the Save Location and type of the Screenshot. The new Beta works with Leopard.

Picture 1.jpg

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.