Total Noob!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo 1GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
I got my very first Macbook not too long ago and haven't had too much time to be able to learn it (getting ready to go to Iraq) and I was noticing certain things and have a few questions, everyone in here seems to know mac pretty well so here they are any help would be nice.

Windows aren't full screen when I click the green + button it only gets a little bigger. How do I max it to the whole screen?

I've used windows all my life so I'm use to the way when you click a picture you can just press the right or left arrow button to view the next picture is there a way to do that on my MB?

So far those are the two most frustrating things I've come across any help would be wonderful. Also if anyone has any advice on really common things I might come across I'm a total Noob and would love the tips. I don't need to be anymore frustrated over in Iraq than I need to be haha.

Thanks

Reaction score
If you look down on the bottom of the right side if the window you just drag it to what you want.

God Bless you & Thank-you

OP
Q
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks MrsRed I feel dum I didn't even notice that. Is there a way to keep it that size everytime the windows pop up?

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
I am not going to try every program you might use, but most programs "remember" the last window size you used. Example: open Safari (note window size), resize the window, then open a new window (press command + N, or click File, New Window). The new window will mirror the new size of the old window. Some programs may remember the window size only when a window is closed. The green button function has something to do with your resizing, but just experiment. It seems to change effect depending on the application.

I like JustLooking and Xee for image browsing (both, because neither are perfect). In Xee, you can use your mouse's scroll wheel to browse pictures in a folder.

As for things you might come across, I'd check the New Switchers FAQ thread(s) on this forum. It was helpful to me when I switched. I haven't read it, but some people really like "The Missing Manual" by David Pogue.

Take care; thanks for your service.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" imac
Enjoy your mac. I know I do. I still love mine after a full year with it.
As the others said, take care and thank you. Most important of all God Bless you.

OP
Q
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks for all the replies and I will I love mac its been the highlight of my year haha.

As for everyone who has given me thanks, you're welcome I know what I signed up for and I signed up to keep our country the best and I promise to keep it that way!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.