Emulators

L

little_italy

Hi all,

i was just wondering if anyone could answer a quick question about windows emulators...

the question is... If i had a windows emulator would i be able to run PC games from it?

thanks in advance

Little Italy

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
You can use virtual pc. But from everything I have read, you won't like the performance. Now that depends on the games you plan to play. It maybe better to have a PC for games and an Apple for real work. :)

OP
L

little_italy

thanks, i'm not really planning to play loads of games on my mac anyway, just some old classics like Monkey Island and other lucas arts games :)

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Hopefully, the performance issue won't be a problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro 3.0Ghz 16GB RAM, 4x256 Vid, 30''cinema display
Ok if you are going to use a Windows emulator.. i would suggest waiting till either later this summer or next year some time.. (mb dec or jan) because VPC is horrid at running games... and it is now in M$'s hands... and there will be a new Windows Emulator comming out with Video card support... so games wont be as laggy.. right now with VPC its pretty sad even trying to find a game that will run.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" iMac 700 MHz G4 640 MB
The only game you can play correctly on VPC is solitare and may be pinball. Not much else.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.