Just got my new 14" iBook

G

gdgrifflaw

OMG, I just got my new iBook the other day. :D Why would anyone use windows. I will never go back to a windows machine. If there are any lawyers out there, drop me a line.

Grant

OP
M

mac*

Congratulations!!!!I will order one next week :D , by the way, what is spec of your ibook?why dont you choose 12" inch screen?
what software do you have, and you think is necessary for ibook:)
wouldyou upload some pics :rolleyes: that wouldbe really nice :p

OP
G

gdgrifflaw

New iBook

I have just under a gig of ram, a 50 gig harddrive and 1.2 gig processor. I went with the 14" since my eyes are not that great and it was not that much more for the bigger display. I don't think it weighs that much more either. As to software, I only have the Office:Mac loaded at this time. I plan to get dreamweaver and filemaker pro soon. I am a lawyer so I don't need any of that fancy software for movies or publishing things. Which is also why I did not pay double the price for the powerbook. I do plan to do my wordprocessing on the iBook and will be publishing my web pages with it. If there are programs that I need for my practice that I can not get which are written for the Mac, I may get VPC. Any more questions, just drop me a line.

OP
M

mac*

As i am really new for mac, could mind tell me what is Vpc (Virtual PC), what it does,and where can i get it?(Free?)

OP
G

gdgrifflaw

Vpc

It is my understanding that VPC would enable you to run windows programs on your Mac. I don't any other way to get it than to pay for it.

OP
P

pedXing

Congrats on ure new iBook!!! and welcome to the world of Mac... ..

once you go mac, you dont go back!! hehe

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.