problem with Web Browser in Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.2 Core 2 Due
Hey guys .. I was so thrilled about gettin my first apple laptop . i got the 15.4" MBP , Leopard OS. However, im very disappointed about one the Web Browsers. Microsoft IE is no longer an option for Mac users to start with. Although that there are a couple of sites that only works in Microsoft IE such as my online banking website. What bugs me is i can't open my gmail or facebook, i tired Safari and FireFox. What happens is the page keeps downloading until the operation is timed out !!
plz guys i need help ..i love my mac and i need to fix this ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Air, 20" iMac 2.17 Ghz 1GB
I think you can go to the Microsoft website and find that 8 year old piece of junk browser for mac and install it from there. Microsoft stopped supporting and updating IE for mac many many years ago so there is not any other version than the really old one. However, if it worked for you you should still be able to get it from their site and install it. What banking site do you use that only allows iE? I have never seen one that didn't work with at least one of my Mac browsers.

Gmail and Facebook both work fine for me in Safari, Firefox, Netscape, and Camino all four so not sure what your related issue is with that, Sounds like a network or ISP issue rather than your computer

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac G5 20" 1.83Ghz iMac 2.16Ghz 24in. MacBook 2.0Ghz 20 Inch IMac 2.0 Core 2
My progression of the MAc OS has run from OS 9, 10, Panther, Tiger and now Leopard. Each time the OS gets upgraded you may find a few ticks.

The best solution I can offer you is to go to:

Hard Drive-
Applications-
Right Click on Safari-
Select Get Info-
Under the General Tab, Select " Open Using Rosetta".
X- out/ Close Get Info and then try running your apps again. Some Java apps such as web start have been hanging on me either not fully downloading or giving me the wheel of death. Simply, some apps need to use Rosetta to operate properly. Oddly, some issues cease after opening them with Rosetta for the first time and work fine without it after. Hopefully the 10.5.1 update will alleviate some of your issues, but there are many servers who are not yet up to to speed on Safari 3.0.4.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 + Mac Pro 8-core 6Gb
Facebook Video

When I was using Panther, I was using Firewire iSight to create video messages for people all the time. Since moving to Leopard this is the only bit which is refusing to work. Trying Safari, Firefox or Camino or Opera makes no difference - the camera is not detected by the web-based app anymore and Facebook support give no meaningful answers. It's a dead end.

Skype is fine with this camera, and so am I.

Anyone aware of these problems...............??

Thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.