problem with Web Browser in Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.2 Core 2 Due
Hey guy .. I was so thrilled about gettin my first apple laptop . i got the 15.4" MBP , Leopard OS. However, im very disappointed about one the Web Browsers. Microsoft IE is no longer an option for Mac users to start with. Although that there are a couple of sites that only works in Microsoft IE such as my online banking website. What bugs me is i can't open my gmail or facebook, i tired Safari and FireFox. What happens is the page keeps downloading until the operation is timed out !!
plz guys i need help ..i love my mac and i need to fix this ...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | iMac(2.1 G5) | MacBook(2.16 C2D) | MacMini (1.67 CD) | iPhone 4 | iPad (3rd Gen)
Unfortunately, there are no other browsers available for Mac which can simulate IE (ActiveX). However you might be able open some of those sites with Firefox or Opera. If you really, really need IE, consider installing Windows on a virtual machine like VMWare Fusion.

Alternative web browsers.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.2 Core 2 Due
The thing is my friend has MBP with Tiger OS on it, everything works smoothly with him . so it's not the browser. I guess it's either the OS or the JRE (Java Runtime Environment) despite the fact that it's included in Leopard

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
No site should ever make itself exclusively IE only. That's blocking off 25% of their customers for a start.

What bank are you trying to get on? They should all work fine. HSBC does for me on Safari.

OP
A
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 15" 2.2 Core 2 Due
well the good news is i solved it .it turned out to be a silly configuration problem ..
i forgot to set the HTTPS proxy and after i did .it just works perfectly..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
If you enable the Safari Debug menu, you can have Safari identify itself as IE 6 for Windows. That will get you past a lot of stuff.

Reaction score
If you enable the Safari Debug menu, you can have Safari identify itself as IE 6 for Windows. That will get you past a lot of stuff.

How do I enable the Safari Debug menu? I have a site that I NEED to access for work, and it is only available in IE, and of course, now that I upgraded to Leopard, it will no longer work. I have spoken with the website people and they assured me that they are working on making it available for those that are unable to use IE, but it will take some time.

Thanks!
Nikki

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.