torrent problems...any ideas?

Reaction score
i have tried tomato torrent, transmission, just about everything, and i still cant get a good download speed. I can set the torrent to download on my mac and on my pc (same torrent) and my pc will jump for 40kbs to 400kbs going backa nd forth, and my mac will only download at 15 maybe 20kbs max, with aquisition, i can get a fairly good download speed on things i download off of therei'v seen it reach around 300kbs from downloading around 10 files at a time(and thats 300kbs combined from all the files downloading). Does anyone have any idea why download speeds are so different from pc.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MBP w/4GB of Ram
shelflife,

Opera has a built in torrent client. The browser is just as fast or faster than Safari, Camino, Firefox, etc...

Just find a torrent you want to download and it will appear in the the 'Transfers' tab. I'm currently downloading 10 torrents and the speeds are excellent.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core Duo 20", iBook G4, iPhone 8GB :)
I find the same speeds on PC as well as Mac, that is, the maximum my bandwidth allows. I've not configured anything.

OP
S
Reaction score
i'll have to check out opera, firefox doesn't seem to work like it does on pc, slightly annoying, and i hate IE, and safari crashs everytime i visit the transmission torrent site, or a torrent download site, wont mention names.

Reaction score
do you have portforwarding enabled?
if you haven't maybe that's the problem...
you can usually do this in the router's settings.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
either way, it shouldn;t effect a mac machine and not a pc machine.

I have found some torrent clients seem to use different ports. I opened the port for one and it flew then tried another and no download would start. It wanted a different port. I am not really into Torrents but a few times I have needed one for a driver and an update. I also have worked with them to help people with their issues.

What has worked for me here the best on OSX is Azureus. Works every time and fast here anyway.

OP
S
Reaction score
Azureus wouldn;t work for some reason, i'll have to try again when i get home to see if the firmware and new os x install did anything.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.