Question about backup files

Reaction score
I have been running an 10.3 OS and somethings are just wrong with it. I just paid for it and got the new OS. I am going to have to reinstall all my programs for my OS was really old can be running better versions. I really want to save all my internet links and transport them over to the new Firefox and Safari. What files should I grab ?

Also what other important things should I save before installing the new OS?

Thank you

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
Also what other important things should I save before installing the new OS?

How about everything? Copy your whole User folder to an external drive and you're good.

Reaction score
How about everything? Copy your whole User folder to an external drive and you're good.

Hi Neo. I read this with interest. I need to copy everything on my G4 (inc. programmes, files, photo's the lot), so I can then copy them straight on to another G4 I am purchasing. Just dragging programmes etc doesn't appear to work. I have external HD to copy everything to. Is there a simple way to backup my whole system, OS, PROGS, FILES, MAIL.... the lot to my external drive?

Alternatively, If I put my HD into the new system as the Master drive will this then allow me to use all my progs, files etc and username and password to startup my system?

Did search the Forum but couldn't find an answer.

Many thanks.
O:) Reaperman

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.