• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Authorized computer?in iPhoto slideshows

Reaction score
I just made a slide show in iphoto and exported it to my desktop to mail out to family and friends but I used bought songs from itunes so needless to say, the other computers need to be authorized. is there a way to can turn into another formate or something? I tried to add music MP3 but it will not let me any tips out here for adding music MP3s

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
I just made a slide show in iphoto and exported it to my desktop to mail out to family and friends but I used bought songs from itunes so needless to say, the other computers need to be authorized. is there a way to can turn into another formate or something? I tried to add music MP3 but it will not let me any tips out here for adding music MP3s

Send out your slideshow. You don't need to authorize everybody. Even if you did, you can only authorize five total computers, and I would hope you have more than four friends and family.

PS If RIAA asks, I did not tell you anything.

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
I sent it out and it doesnt work........... figures!

OP
iNAP
Reaction score
Lets try it this way
What do I need to be able to view this? on my iMac

Picture 2.png

Neo

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
white MB 2.16GHz 3GB 320GB 10.6.1
Lets try it this way
What do I need to be able to view this? on my iMac

Two problems here. First, I don't know what you have there: "TinyUDF?" You should have a .mov file to send to your folks and friends.

Second, it turns out you were correct. iTunes music needs authorization to play the music for the slideshow. Looks like RIAA covered that base already. Sorry.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.