End of Songs getting Cut Off!

Reaction score
Ive had my 30GB Video Ipod (is that 5th generation? not sure) for half a year now probably.

Never have songs cut off - what i mean by that is, when the song reaches a certain point, it goes straight to the end, but stays at the end for the minute or w.e until the song WOULD have finished. And it doesnt do this on Itunes, JUST the Ipod.

Now randomly songs are cutting off. Ones that worked previously, now some cut off. And I beleive theres some connection with the Album Art work or Song Details.

Ive had songs with the Album Art work (which i copied from another song) now cutting off. I re import them into Itunes WITHOUT Art Work and they work. Problem solved you might say, but I would rather have Album art work and Id like to understand this problem so I know what do in future.

Hope you can help! :) Thanks

EDIT: By Deleting the Album Art, removing the song from ITunes, Re-Importing it, Re-Syncing IPod the songs work. Only im annoyed I cant have my Album Art. Does anyone know how I can add Album Art without this happening?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
My wife had the same issue, and the same solution. Delete and re-import the songs. She thinks she must have had an iTunes cross fading setting wrong when she did the original import. Is this a possible cause for you?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 14" M1 Pro, 16GB, 1TB, OS 12.6.9
Also, funny things will happen to your iPod if you disconnect it when it says "Do Not disconnect". Not sure if that ever happened.

A friend of mine disconnected his at a bad time, and every track 2 for every CD from a band that started with the letter B got deleted. The track names were still there, but the iPod would just skip them.

-Nick

OP
S
Reaction score
My wife had the same issue, and the same solution. Delete and re-import the songs. She thinks she must have had an iTunes cross fading setting wrong when she did the original import. Is this a possible cause for you?

No im certain its noting to do with crossfading. Your right reimporting DOES solve the problem, but when u apply Album Art it makes the songs cut again.

So its ok if i dont add album art, i can live without the art, but i would like to know a solution where the songs are fine after i re-add the album art.

Thanks guys

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.