Upgraded to Leopard, no screen flickering

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2GHz Core Duo. 16Gb iPod Touch
I MAY be jumping the gun here *crosses fingers* but since I did a erase and install on the BlackBook, I haven't seen the screen flickering like it always does (common issue with macbooks) now I'm guessing it's a physical problem so an operating system upgrade and a cleap wipe of the HDD shouldn't affect it but I worked on it for 4 hours yesterday putting all my apps and music and photos back in it without a single ficker.....anyone upgrade but still flickers??

epb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2,4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1066 Mhz DDR3 RAM, OS X 10.8.2
Any news on this issue? I, myself has this flickering-thing on my MacBook running Tiger and I'm beginning to think that maybe I should upgrade to Leopard if this fixes the issue!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Santa Rosa Macbook Pro - 4GB Ram - 120GB HD OS X Leopard - Windows XP
there was a tiger update that fixed it, right?

epb

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, 2,4 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1066 Mhz DDR3 RAM, OS X 10.8.2
Thanks for the link, harryb2448. I haven't had the time to try this yet but I'm not sure that I'll work, because as he describes in the thread there are two kinds of flickering issues: a constant flickering and a random flickering. The kind of flickering on my MacBook is random and it therefore seems to be a hardware problem :( Of to the Apple Store we go....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.