Does new firmware fix iMac freezes?

Reaction score
I've wanted to buy a iMac but because of the freezing issue have been holding off. Now that there is a new firmware update does it seem to be fixed? I've heard it may be a hardware issue so I'm concerned about if this truly fixed it.

Reaction score
I've just taken my new iMac back to the store because it was freezing every few minutes. They've replaced it and I've updated the new firmware and I've been using it for the last 6 hours and no problems :D

I think my problems fixed! So hopefully, Apple have sorted it out for everyone else too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
Going out on a limb and I am gonna say that getting your mac replaced while you were at the apple store had a little more to do with it not freezing anymore then todays OS update did.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 GHz 2GB + iPod shuffle
I have to say that I've not had any such problems with my new iMac. It's not that common problem and you can always take it back if freezing occurs.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.