Well, I went and did it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac base
I am officially on my way to being a switcher. Today I ordered a 20" iMac base with Leopard and iWork 08 installed. It's supposed to ship within 3 days. I guess I need to ready the PC for transfer and then... I don't know sledge hammer.
What should I expect in the conversion?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
just remember that your mac is not a windows machine, so learn to use it as a mac, other than that just enjoy it!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Duo White
Good Point. It is really just changing habits and the way you are used to doing things.
Get used to dragging and dropping and Spring Loaded folders to move files around.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Oh

and get used to security, lack of viruses and an OS that doesn't need constant re-installs to keep things running smoothly :)

One tip when yoou get the new mac - turn its firewall on and have fun

OP
U
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac base
Should I attempt to network the two to transfer all my old pictures and that kind of trash or should I just burn to CD? Since I have stuff seperated in folders how will that translate into iPhoto?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 13 Inch, 2 Mac Mini's 1.66 & 1.83, 2- iMac Intel i3 iPhone 4 & iPad 2 32 gig.
I started with one, then two and now three Mac's share our house - Me, wife and son. You won't be disappointed.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz Macbook Pro, 2GB RAM, OSX v10.5
I recently switched, and don't trust external hard drives until you're sure they work with Leopard 100%. I lost a lot of large install files (that I didn't want to keep on my tiny 100GB MBP drive -- does anybody else remember when 1MB was a lot?), because of Leopard's hiccups. So keep your data someplace secure until your Mac is done with the shakedown cruise.

J

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" imac
Welcome to the mac world. I switched a year ago and have not looked back. I however have to use windows here at work. When I walk into the house mac welcomes me home. lol

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.