Dampening iMac cloths?

Reaction score
Just a curious question, why does everyone use their iMac cloths damp to clean their iMac screens, is using it dry not good enough? Wouldn't it work just as well if you rubbed the screen hard enough? Or is it for some completely different reason?

OP
I
Reaction score
Yeah, it comes with the aluminum iMacs and it does have the Apple logo on it. Not dampening it won't harm my screen will it? When I I first got my iMac and I unpeeled that protective plastic thing from the screen. I guess the sticky plastic part was attached to the screen part already and I had to rub off the sticky part by pushing on the screen and rubbing it off with the cloth(not dampened).

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" 2.8ghz IMAC, MB Pro
All LCDs are meant to be cleaned with a dry lint and dust free cloth. Getting it wet will only hard the cloth and result in streaks on your imac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D 2.4 GHz 2GB + iPod shuffle
I don't think it really matters if it's wet or dry, just as long as it gets the job done. One thing you don't want to do it scratch your glossy screen and that cloth should not do that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.