When do you think Tiger will be obsolete

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook: 2.16 CPU/2GB RAM
An we have to upgrade to Leopard. Cause the reason why I ask is, because i have heard that there are some problems and I dont want have to upgrade because of industry standard.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15in i7 MacBook Pro, 8GB RAM, 120GB SSD, 500GB HD
Tiger won't be obsolete for some time yet.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Studio, M1 Max, 32 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD
That is a personal call. Tiger will be obsolete the moment you want to load some new program, or upgrade an existing one, where Leopard is a dependency. Until then, Tiger will be just fine. My guess? 1-2 years. I don't think you will see vendors drop backward compatibility to Tiger for some time to come. There are simply too many copies out there. They would be severely limiting their addressable market.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
"Obsolete" (def: no longer in use; fallen into disuse) is an over-used, often misunderstood word.

Tiger (or any software or hardware for that matter) will only become obsolete when it can no longer provide you with your daily computing needs.

Example:
I work in Graphic Design. I have both the Adobe CS2 and CS3 suites.
I generally use the CS2 apps more often and rarely ever open the CS3 ones.
So, CS2 is not obsolete just because a newer version is out. I still use it every day, where I only use CS3 maybe every other week.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
3.4 Ghz i7 MacBook Pro (2015), iPad Pro (2014), iPhone Xs Max. Apple TV 4K
I agree with the above.

I would deem it to be obsolete when your current machine can not run it in any capacity for any reason. For example, since Apple pulled Classic support from 10.5 and my Quad can not native boot it, AFAIAC OS9 or below are now "obsolete" for me on this machine.

Since my iBook can sill boot OS9, it is not "obsolete" on that machine.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.2Ghz, 4GB RAM, 160GB HD
Perhaps you could compare tiger to Windows Me going to Windows Xp and so on. Just like everyone else, I predict it will take perhaps 2 or so years ~ ish.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
Security updates will probably cease once 10.6 ships. But the bugs in Leopard should be fixed long before then. (In fact, they may be fixed in the 10.5.1 update that just came out.)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.