Windows Just Keeps Restarting!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
OK, So tonight I thought I would take the plunge into the wonderful world of Boot Camp seeming as though it was one of the reasons I bought Leopard!

I have been "preparing" to Install Windows Vista Home Premium through Boot Camp for a few days. So I have backed all my data up and read the Boot Camp Setup Guide a few times.

The only thing holding me back was the fact that I did not have a USB Keyboard & Mouse (Im using the Apple Wireless Keyboard & Mighty Mouse). So today I borrowed my friends USB keyboard (a generic Windows keyboard) and a USB Mouse so that I could have a shot at installing Windows via Boot Camp.

Tonight I went through the motions, followed the install guide to the T, Partitioned my drive so that Windows has 32GB and OSX has the rest, Installed Windows fine, Formatted the Windows partition to NTFS fine as outlined in the manual, inserted the Leopard disc and ran the installer to install updated Windows drivers as stated in the manual.

The system then restarted to finish the update process, loads to the user login screen where I enter my password. I enter the password and the desktop appears, start-up programs begin running (i.e. the system tray loads, Microsoft's "gadgets" bar thing loads) and then the system just restarts. No blue screen, nothing.

I have loaded Windows up in safe mode and disables the "restart on error" option hoping for the system to display an error or something I could work with but the system continued to just restart upon loading start-up items once logged in.

The kicker now though is the fact that I cannot get back into OSX as I need to press & hold the option key whilst the machine is booting, but that is on my Wireless keyboard, which, is not being recognised for some reason?

Has anyone got any ideas on this one or am i condemned to the Windows Vista Home Premium logon screen for the rest of my days? lol.

Cheers in advance,

Chris :Grimmace:

OP
MrChris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
UPDATE

OK, So I managed to remove some of the apple drivers in safe mode and completely shut down the Mac, waited 5 minutes and turned it on again and Windows booted normally.

So I have re-installed the Windows drivers from the Leopard disc and all seems to be OK for the moment.

Will post back if the situation changes lol!

Chris ;D

OP
MrChris
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac | iPhone 4
OK, so after all the drama last night and then the mysteriousness of 'it just started working'; I installed a game (World In Conflict)m had a play on it - My Mac runs Windows better than my PC! lol

Now this morning the bloody thing has started randomly restarting again! And I'm back to square one with the wireless keyboard/mouse again and stuck in an eternal loop of Windows ****! lol

Any ideas?

Chris :Angry:

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.