Problem with loading small images

Reaction score
I managed to create my own site(just images I made) http://andreimogos.uv.ro/and want it to keep it as simple as possible.

My host is a free one and didn't expect much of it(the overall loading is fine). Still I don't understand why it takes so long to see the mouse-over images (once you mouse-over over the menu).
The images are just 5-7 kb in size so why the lag?

I used the Image Rollover function in Dreamweaver.
Am I doing something wrong in the script?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook 2.4 GHz Intel (unibody), 2 GB RAM; iPhone 3Gs
hey nice work, very cool.
it seems to be changing upon mouse over instantly for me, maybe it's your computer that's lagging?

Reaction score
It seems to work fine for me but started to lag when I repeatedly moused on/off the images.

I'm not sure how confident you are with CSS, but one option may be using the a:hover attribute. In general this seems to be less laggy than Javascript options.

That being said it looks like everything was done correctly. The images are pre-loaded and the Javascript seems to be correct.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Dreamweaver write bloated code. You're better off with your own javascript, or using a simple 'onmouseover' event on the image (and preload the hover images elsewhere). It's a little more hand-work but the results are worth it.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.