Macbook that can't get IP address from wifi connection

Reaction score
hi guys
i'm having a weird real weird problem.My macbook C2D simply just can't get to surf the internet from a wi-fi connection. At the menubar shows a full bar of signal but in Network section there's actually no IP address registered and worse is there's no way on earth i can get a IP address to be in there in order for me to be able to surf the internet again,not even renewing DHCP lease.
Has anyone ever experienced from this weird problem,and if there's please share it and how to solve this problem. (There's nothing to do with the route as there're other 2 laptops that can surf the internet in excellence signal)
Any solution would be really appreciated :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
rMBP 3.06Ghz, MBP 2.2Ghz, Mini G4, B/W G3 (Media Server), LCII, Beige G3
Are you using DHCP or Static IP and do you have Configure IPv6 set to automatic?

If your using DHCP try using a static ip, so if your routers IP is 192.168.1.1 use something like 192.168.1.3., subnet mask of 255.255.255.0 and then your routers ip. Sometimes it asks you to use a dns server, make sure that you set this to your routers IP.

Remember when you switch to other wireless network you will have to switch back to DHCP and clear out the dns server field.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.