I dont want to use personal domain any more!

Reaction score
How do I stop using personal domains? ive deleted it off of .mac but its still sending it there. how long do i need to wait?
Thanks

Reaction score
How do I stop using personal domains? ive deleted it off of .mac but its still sending it there. how long do i need to wait?
Thanks

I don't know if it is the same with .mac or not but when you deleted a domain with a web host as in Godaddy, it takes around 24-48 hrs before the domain is deleted. Because the DNS servers have to update with each other, as in tell each other the domain no longer exists.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MacBook Pro, iPhone 4
I know this is obvious, but I'll say it anyway. You DID tell it to point to another site, didn't you?

I assume you have registered the domain separately from your hosting (in this case, .Mac). If so, are you updating the DNS to point the domain to another host?

As already stated, it can take a day or two for everything to update.

OP
M
Reaction score
Erm, I just deleted my domain from the preferences on .mac, assuming it would go straight to the 'regular' .mac address.
I dont understand the technicalities of it all, I just want my site to be www.mac.com/markstuartspiro!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacPro, MacBook Pro, iPhone 4
Do you have a "home page" designated with iWeb (or whatever editor you're using with your .Mac site?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.