How to go back to Tiger from Leopard?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D, 2 Gig.
Im observed that im not taking advantage of Leopard and would like to go back to Tiger,How do i do this without erasing my Applications and Files?

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Im observed that im not taking advantage of Leopard and would like to go back to Tiger,How do i do this without erasing my Applications and Files?

You'll have to restore your system from the backup you made prior to upgrading (you did make a backup, right?).

OP
Kulokoy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D, 2 Gig.
i did, using Super Duper.

OP
Kulokoy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D, 2 Gig.
is it possible? from Leopard.

OP
Kulokoy
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" C2D, 2 Gig.
I tried, but the Leopard volume is grayed out and i cant select it as the destination volume.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
Im observed that im not taking advantage of Leopard and would like to go back to Tiger

What do you mean exactly? You might as well keep Leopard, since in everyday use it mostly works exactly like Tiger. You're going to need Leopard eventually as software stops supporting Tiger over the next few years.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black macbook 2.16ghz 2GB Ram 160GB hdd | 8Gb Ipod Nano
I would imagin you can just put the tiger install disk into the computer and just make sure you select a fresh insta..

bobtomay

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP '06 2.33 C2D 4GB 10.7; 13" MBA '14 1.8 i7 8GB 10.11; 21" iMac '13 2.9 i5 8GB 10.11; 6S
Am going to "assume" your applications are the same in Leopard that they were in your Tiger install and backup or that you have the disks to re-install any new ones you have installed under Leopard.

Am also "assuming", that you still have your SuperDuper bootable Tiger back up and that you did verify it was functional after you created it.

I also agree with the above, would not go back to Tiger unless you have an issue with an app you must have and it is not yet Leopard compatible.

1. Either move all the new files you want to keep that are not on the backup to the 2nd partition of that drive, another drive, or burn them to disk.

2. You will then need to boot to your Tiger back up by holding down the option key during startup and choosing the back up.

3. Once booted back in Tiger, run SuperDuper just like you did to create the backup. From your comment above, it sounds like you tried running SuperDuper from Leopard. This would cause the Mac HD to be greyed out, as you cannot select the volume you're currently running in as the back up destination. And SuperDuper is not yet Leopard compatible.

4. Re-install the new files and apps.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.