Macbook Battery Issues

Reaction score
Okay, im a freakish worry wart about my macbook. Recently, and by recently i mean last week, i checked my battery health on Istat. it was about 86%. I checked it tonight, it was at 80%. If i recalibrate it, would it increase the health of the battery? I dont want to drop more money for a battery soon, i already had to pay a crapload of money for the frayed power cord six months ago.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
Short answer: Don't worry about it. Batteries are consumables and will have a limited life. You can also expect battery "health" to increase and decrease occasionally depending on charging cycles/conditions. There is no mechanized or electronic measurement built into the battery, all "health" ratings are based on trending and analysis and are more of a "guesstimate" than fact.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Core Duo, 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD, Samsung 19" Monitor, 250 GB WD My Book, 16 GB iPod Touch
Call applecare if you are worried. There is an extension on the warranty for MacBook batteries. My laptop had been out of warranty since June and I called them up and told them that my battery wouldn't last three hours with the screen completely dim and all programs other than word off. They overnighted me a new battery for free and all I had to do was drop off the old battery in the box the new one came in at a DHL drop box.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.