What do you do with your iPod Touch when your not using it?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.16GHz C2D MacBook w/ 2GB RAM & 120GB HD. HTC Droid Incredible.
Normally when I am done with my iPod Touch I simply press the sleep button (top left button). I find sometimes that when I come back to listen to it the battery is completely dead. Isn't that what the sleep button is for? Is it necessary to actually turn it off all the time (hold sleep button and slide slider)?

I am always sure to put it to sleep but I still have this same problem.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook C2D 2GHz 3GB RAM 250GB HD iPhone 4 iPad 3G
Are you still playing music or have Wi-Fi turned on? Last I checked, putting the iPhone/iPod touch to sleep when playing music doesn't actually stop the music, it just turns off the screen. So it could very well be that your iPod is still running when you think that it's sleeping.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
Same goes for IM, and other 'servicy' type things. Excluding the ftp server, that stops when it sleeps.

OP
Eric559
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Are you still playing music or have Wi-Fi turned on? Last I checked, putting the iPhone/iPod touch to sleep when playing music doesn't actually stop the music, it just turns off the screen. So it could very well be that your iPod is still running when you think that it's sleeping.

Yeah the Wi-Fi is off and so is the music. Well at least I am pretty sure it is. When I listen to music I will push the sleep button as well. I'll be sure that I turn it off just in case.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac, 2.8GHZ Core Duo Extreme, 2GB RAM, 750GB Hard Drive - iPhone 3G - Aluminium MacBook 2.4GHZ
Yeh I discovered the same thing. Apparently putting it to sleep doesn't actually conserve any battery power. You have to turn the device off completely.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
That isn't true. I put my iPhone to sleep and if Wi-Fi isn't turned on, my battery doesn't run down.

OP
Eric559
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I charged my iPod Touch for a couple of hours yesterday. I was listening to it before i went to bed for a couple of songs. I was getting sleepy so I paused the song, put it to sleep, and I myself went to bed. When I woke up this morning the battery was drained a huge amount. I don't understand why! Never happened with my iPod Video.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
I charged my iPod Touch for a couple of hours yesterday. I was listening to it before i went to bed for a couple of songs. I was getting sleepy so I paused the song, put it to sleep, and I myself went to bed. When I woke up this morning the battery was drained a huge amount. I don't understand why! Never happened with my iPod Video.

Turn the WiFi off and repeat...see if it drains it the same amount

OP
Eric559
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Turn the WiFi off and repeat...see if it drains it the same amount

My WiFi isn't on. The option to turn on/off WiFi has been grayed out for the longest time already.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.4 Santa Rosa
Call apple...maybe you got a dud

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yea, definitely get it checked out. I leave my iPhone on Sleep all night and when I wake up in the morning, the bar doesn't move at all, even though I have it set to check for email every 15 minutes.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Aluminum iMac
I put mine to 'sleep'. I would think that having to boot up from shut down and turning on would drain more battery power than sleeping.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro - Two 2.66GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon "Woodcrest" processors - OS X Leopard
If your WiFi setting is grayed out, and you see the words "No WiFi", this is a hardware problem! This problem is associated with draining the battery at a very rapid pace. The only solution is repair. Rebooting, reseting, restoring, etc. - none of these options will do you any good. Get it back to Apple ASAP while you still have a warranty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.4 GHz intel core 2 duo MBP, iPhone 5, iPad 3
"iPod - What do you do with your iPod Touch when your not using it?"

I use mine as a flotation device.

OP
Eric559
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
"iPod - What do you do with your iPod Touch when your not using it?"

I use mine as a flotation device.

Haha. I wouldn't use my touch anywhere near water!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.