Will this RAM work with a Macbook Core Duo?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook/13.3"/2.16GHz Intel C2D/1GB RAM/120GB HD/Ipod 20 Gig
I THINK it will...but you can spend an extra $10 or $15 and get Crucial....which everyone says is the best ......

Again, I THINK, but I am not 100%.

OP
P
Reaction score
Argh. I just checked the Apple website, and apparently the Macbooks can only accomodate 1 Gig of RAM Per slot, and that's a 2 Gig stick. Drat.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
Ignore Apple's web site's advice. The macbook WILL handle 3Gb as one 2Gb stick and one 1Gb stick (JUST LIKE THE OLD Macbook pro did & the Mac mini). They did not give this as an option in order to artificially produce more of a gap between the two computers!! You need 667MHz DDR2 Sodimms such as these

http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=548350

If you do not believe me read the packaging on the above item !!!!

The new macbook will of course run 2 x 2Gb.

You MAY also find that changing one of the 0.5Gb modules for a 2Gb module may give you 2.5Gb as it is clear from the above that the computer can handle different sized modules BUT I have never personally tested this myself...

Oh and by the way that is a Dimm not a SODIMM so it will not work anyway !!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro, Mac Mini, TV, iPhone, Nano
I was using the 1 gig stick of the same brand and speed and it worked until I tried to install leopard. Its cheap 4 a reason its not the best and may be buggy. It kept failing when installing leopard I brought it to apple and they put their ram in and it worked fine. I would use RamJet or Crucial..

OP
P
Reaction score
Can anyone link me to somewhere that I can get Macbook compatible RAM for cheap? I've got a Core 1 Duo.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
Do a search for kingston ram for a macbook or go to crucial. There will not be a lot in it price wise. You might find it cheaper but it could be a little hit and miss.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.