How Long to Get an iMac...??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 3.06GHz 4Gb RAM, 1Tb HDD; 16Gb iPhone (white); Aluminium MacBook, 2.4Ghz, 4Gb, 500 Gb HDD
:Angry: Sorry if this sounds like a rant - it's pure frustration that's all.

Probably like many I decided to delay ordering my new iMac (20" 2.4Ghz) until after the launch of Leopard...with hindsight, maybe it was a mistake as it still aint here!!

Ordered the iMac (and a new iPod) on October 29th, on-line via the UK Apple store - I did it this way rather than visiting a local retailer because I wanted a bigger HDD fitting from the off. OK, Apple estimate the iMac will ship within 4 working days.....still with me...?

Today - November 14th - and after a few phone calls etc, I receive an email from Apple Europe confirming that the iMac will be in the UK (at present it's in Czech Republic) by November 17th. Because 17th is a Saturday, probably won't assign a final carrier until Monday November 19th...looking like it might, just might get to me by Tuesday 20th or Wednesday 21st.

OK, 3 weeks+ for delivery - maybe there's a huge order backlog because of folks delaying orders waiting for Leopard...maybe I made it worse by wanting the HDD changing...even so, just a little frustrated! What makes it worse, on Tuesday 20th I leave on an overseas business trip until November 30th :Grimmace:

It better be worth it...:D

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
That's weird. Mine took a day to arrive back in August.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook(W) 2GHz, 80GB HD, 1G RAM, Windows XP
i'm assuming it's taking so long because of ALL the people like you who waiting until it shipped with leopard to get it. That's a lot of shipments in a very short amount of time.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 5.1 | iMac 7.1 | iMac 12.1 | iMac 19.1 | iPhone 11 Pro | Watch s5
It may ship with Leopard ON DVD like mine did. Watch their wording carefully!

I am currently doing a format+install in order to get a nice clean disk ><

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Al iMac 20" 2.4Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
I am currently doing a format+install in order to get a nice clean disk ><[/lol]

LOL. I think that's more pyschological than anything! A clean install of Tiger and then an upgrade to Leopard would be quicker!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.