iphoto help - uploading photos

Reaction score
This is strange problem I have had with iphoto lately.

If I want to attach a photo to an email, or anyway, I go to "attach file" and then to my pictures, then iphoto library, originals, and then to 2007... in my "2007" I have the option to select images through July, however, the rest of my iphoto library is not visible after July. So, as a really poor work around, when I need to attach a file I move it to my desktop and then attach it from there.

Does anyone know what is going on here???? It is really annoying!!!

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2010 Macbook Pro, 8g RAM, iPhone 6, iPad Mini, Apple TV
First, stay out of the finder! Users are not meant to be mucking about in there -- corruption and lost photos will ensue! Use the export command from within the iPhoto app, or just drag and drop to your desktop from there. In Leopard, there is a new option to attach a pic from within the email itself. Are you on Leopard?

Can you see your post-July photos in iPhoto?

OP
C
Reaction score
I am in Tiger. Hoping to get Leopard for Christmas :)

I don't know how to get to my photos other than to go to Finder and then "pictures". Even that is not working for me, so I must be missing something?.. nevermind. Just realized that I can get to my iphoto library through Application. Duh.

But I still have the same problem with organization. When I am in iphoto I can see all my photos in the library and I can see them organized by the folders that I created. I can also see that they are organized by roll under my library. But when I try to attach a photo I see folders through July (I think this is based on the dates of downloads) but I cannot see the separate rolls that are labeled in my iphoto library. So, I do not have access to photos unless they are in a folder that I created in iphoto. I suppose this could suffice, but I would think that I should have access to the entire library?

Thanks for the help! This is driving me nutz!
CCC

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 iMacs 17+20" 2.16GHz 2GB RAM 500MB HDD 256MB Graphic card. 60Gig 5th gen iPod with Video
This is strange problem I have had with iphoto lately.

If I want to attach a photo to an email, or anyway, I go to "attach file" and then to my pictures, then iphoto library, originals, and then to 2007... in my "2007" I have the option to select images through July, however, the rest of my iphoto library is not visible after July. So, as a really poor work around, when I need to attach a file I move it to my desktop and then attach it from there.

Does anyone know what is going on here???? It is really annoying!!!

Thanks.

You can just drag any photo from iPhoto library direct to mail icon and it will resize it's self in the mail you want to send.
Another way would be to make a little Automator action for your desktop
1. fire up Automator
2. Chose iPhoto from the left hand pane
3. double click ask for photos Goes to right hand pane
4. Save as plug in (Finder) Photo Browser
5. Go to desktop
5. right or cmd click and choose automator action that you have named "Photo Browser"
You then get a browser on your desktop

Leopard mail has a iPhoto browser built in

Good luck

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.